We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced dog trainer to conduct one-on-one and group training sessions with company dogs.
To be successful as a dog trainer, you should be patient and passionate about training dogs. Ultimately, an exceptional Dog Trainer should have sound knowledge of various dog training techniques and demonstrate excellent communication, dog handling, and problem-solving skills.
- Developing suitable training plans for dogs and documenting their progress.
- Teaching dogs to obey basic commands using various training techniques that are best suited to each dog’s personality and attributes.
- Implementing appropriate training programs to address and resolve problem areas, including aggression, separation anxiety, hyperactivity, and biting.
- Ensuring that the training areas are clean and tidy.
- Teaching handlers appropriate training methods to enforce and maintain behaviors and skills learned by their dogs during training sessions.
Dog Trainer Requirements:
- Sound knowledge of dog training techniques as well as animal behavior and body language.
- Proven experience working as a dog trainer.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong dog handling skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- A love for dogs.
- Patient and enthusiastic.